TheBanyanTree: Flower Moon -2016 - The Ivory Bill

Russ Doden russ.doden at gmail.com
Thu May 12 06:23:15 PDT 2016

I really enjoyed this Dale.  It sounds like a wonderful learning
experience.  I could kind of identify with some aspects of it too.  As a
Volunteer Naturalist at a local Nature Center we take school kids on
educational nature walks.  It always amazes me how many of the kids have
never had a chance to "walk in the woods" before.  I guess that is because
I grew up running loose in the woods!  To me it is sad when the kids make
comments that they are afraid the deer are going to knock them down and eat
them (Yes I have heard that several times), or that as you said, snakes
were going to fall out of the trees on them.  Don't these kids ever watch
anything like Nature or Nova?  The kids are lucky to have an experience
like you are giving them!

Russ

--
Enjoy Life By Living In Joy