TheBanyanTree: The Nutcracker

Monique monique.colver at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 19:44:09 PST 2016

No, nothing else. I imagine they snuck him about the back, or tried to. We're Americans! We can't have people dying in public! It would make e rest of us sad, or contemplate our own mortality, which, as we all know, can be delayed if we just do what the latest lifestyle guru tells us to do.

We avoid talking about death, unless it's a celebrity, in which case we mourn collectively, as if we've lost our best friend, mother, and dog all in one. We imbue our celebrities with magical powers, and then, if they weren't already dead, we'd drown them with our tears of sorrow. The further we are from them, the happier our sorrow, if sorrow can be called happy.

But random people dropping dead in public? We'll pretend it never happened.

He had to have been in the stall for quite a while. I use public restrooms a lot, sometimes for long periods of time because I have things to do (applying make-up, hiding from the paparazzi, reading, pondering my place in the universe) and security never comes looking for me. They won't come until a concerned family member seeks them out and asks them to check the restroom (assuming family member is female, because we have huge issues with males using female restrooms and vice versa). And in order for family member to notice how long grandfather has been gone while also keeping track of 1, 2, 3 or more tiny people in pink organza who are squealing in excitement, some time has to have passed.

I've missed speaking gibberish.

Monique

Sent from my tiny miniature iPad, which is amusing and is not used for work, other than answering important emails.