TheBanyanTree: The years go by ...

Sally Larwood larwos at me.com
Wed Aug 17 00:32:32 PDT 2016

Twenty six years!?
I can't get over all the changes we've seen in the last forty years!  Think of the huge bricks the first mobile phones were!
The thrill of the phone that took photos!
When I started working I the bank building where all the computer stuff (I cannot think of the proper name) is situated three floors under the ground. It was a huge room because when they built the building in the seventies, they were told that was the space that would be needed as the use of computers increased.
By the time I went there to work, everything was in a unit the size of a small storage cabinet. I can only guess what tiny unit sits in the middle of the huge space now!
As a matter of interest, that floor was completely sealed with everything needed to withstand an atomic bomb.

Sal
Sent from my mini iPad