TheBanyanTree: Fwd: [New post] Intrusive Thoughts

Monique Colver monique.colver at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 18:00:10 PST 2015

*We appreciate your referrals!*

Monique Colver
Colver Business Solutions
www.colverbusinesssolutions.com
monique.colver at gmail.com
(425) 772-6218

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Monique's Blog <comment-reply at wordpress.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 5:59 PM
Subject: [New post] Intrusive Thoughts
To: monique.colver at gmail.com

Monique Colver posted: "Rocky road ice cream. How's that for intrusive? And
unwelcome. Totally welcome in that I'd love to have some, and totally
unwelcome in that I really shouldn't, and we don't have any in the house
anyway. Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. And Christmas. I" Respond to
this post by replying above this line
New post on *Monique's Blog*
<https://mcolver.wordpress.com/author/mcolver/> Intrusive
Thoughts <https://mcolver.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/intrusive-thoughts/>
by Monique
Colver <https://mcolver.wordpress.com/author/mcolver/>

Rocky road ice cream. How's that for intrusive? And unwelcome. Totally
welcome in that I'd love to have some, and totally unwelcome in that I
really shouldn't, and we don't have any in the house anyway.

Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. And Christmas. I love holidays in
general. So when I'm working, which is rarely on a holiday, though I did
put in quite a few hours on Veteran's Day, I'm likely to think of
Thanksgiving. Or Christmas. Or Arbor Day, which is a totally misunderstood
holiday.

My dog. He's sitting in my spot on the couch, sound asleep, all curled up.
If I weren't pretending to be working I'd be sitting next to him so he
could sleep with his head on me. He likes that.

Snow. And how glad I am I'm not in it. I mean, it's pretty, but it's cold.

Biscuits. I'm not even sure where that came from.

I spend quite a bit of my time dealing with these sorts of intrusive
thoughts, things that just pop in and out of my head no matter what I'm
doing. Sometimes they won't pop out again easily though, like the rocky
road ice cream. That will stay with me until I beg my poor husband to go
out and get me some. At least that's been my experience. It's like eating
silk, especially that first right-off-the-top-almost-melting bite, and then
the crunchy nuts, and the soft marshmallow.

My doctor would be displeased.

There's an intrusive thought for you.

Sometimes I can keep all the intrusive thoughts out when I'm working on
getting something done, and it's challenging work, but if I'm on a deadline
. . . that's when the intrusive thoughts are worse, though one would hope
they'd be less likely to cause problems. That's not how they work though.
They come along when they're least wanted, but at least they're pleasant
enough.

Over the weekend I was supposed to be working, but instead I let the
intrusive thoughts have the run of the place, thinking that if I let them
out for a bit, they'd behave once the week started. I'm trying to fit five
days of work into three, so a little space would be good. But it didn't
work.

My brain has a mind of its own.
*Monique Colver <https://mcolver.wordpress.com/author/mcolver/>* | November
24, 2015 at 1:59 am | Categories: Life
<https://mcolver.wordpress.com/?cat=1393774>, Uncategorized
<https://mcolver.wordpress.com/?cat=1> | URL: http://wp.me/pljUz-3l

Comment
<https://mcolver.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/intrusive-thoughts/#respond>    See
all comments
<https://mcolver.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/intrusive-thoughts/#comments>
Like
<https://mcolver.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/intrusive-thoughts/?like_actor=5323613&like_hmac=bc92288c286a915bd053f4f30d6d3996&postid=207&like=1&source=sub_email>

Unsubscribe
<https://subscribe.wordpress.com/?key=70557cfd1c50dce30b95d3e0c4a3957f&email=monique.colver%40gmail.com&b=%3FCc%3D.k8sJGxPGDetY%2B2O%5BeyFbG9cgW5GjyG%26l7vM.f%5D_%26%3FN2Uc>
to no longer receive posts from Monique's Blog.

Thanks for flying with WordPress.com <http://wordpress.com>