TheBanyanTree: Understanding Suicide

Barb Edlen MountainWhisper at att.net
Wed May 7 19:00:59 PDT 2014

On 5/7/2014 6:59 PM, Monique Colver wrote:
>   Please talk about
> you. Tell me what you’re doing, how the kids are, what the family’s up to,
> how work’s going. Tell me all your stories, fill up that empty space with
> your words, help me regain my connection to a world that I feel I’ve lost
> touch with. Help me back from the abyss.

Today, I watched with amused fascination as my students played in the
outside water table for the first time this year. We pretended we were
catching fish.....rainbow trout.....and a bass (a big 'un!) - we named
him Sam.

We watered a tree and watched ants walk up the trunk of the tree and
talked about their mommies and daddies. We dug for worms, but figured
they must still be sleeping, because we couldn't find any. (I'll bring
some to school next week and we'll begin a worm farm.) But we did find a
big fat roly-poly grub! And the boys all had to hold it and we looked at
its head and teeny-tiny feet before I placed it safely out of reach of
running Spider-man sneakers and cowboy boots.

Then we went back to the water table where I was served some yummy tree
bark tea, and a mud milkshake (in case the tea was too hot and I had
burned my tongue).

The bestest moment though was when Colin brought me a cup of water with
teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy bits of mulch and dirt floating around and
invited me to "swirl it around so you watch my glitter-fish swim".

Glitter-fish.

His amazing little mind saw beautiful sparkly glitter-fish in the muddy
water.

You do that, too, Neekia. You help us see the glitter-fish.

Love you bunches, Neekia.