TheBanyanTree: Travels

Peter Macinnis petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jun 15 17:53:03 PDT 2014

I have been on the move for a month: Sydney to Santiago to Buenos Aires
to Rio to Santiago plus Valparaiso, then up to Peru, taking in Lima,
Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, Lima and surrounds, then onto
the Amazon for a few days, up to Ecuador, out to the Galapagos and back
to Santiago tonight.

I have eaten llama. alpaca, guinea pig and a few assorted vegetables, i
have played with piranha (caught them and let them go), anacondas, boa
constrictors, poison desert frogs, land and marine iguanas, Galapagos
tortoises and penguins, cactuses, eaten coca leaves, come close to
altitude sickness and generally, as I shall explain to the Australian
Tax Office, not enjoyed a moment of it, though the porpoises and
caimans, toucans and boobies were fun.

We will be home in about 36 hours, and pictures will follow in due course...

For now, with a bottle of Carmenere undertaken for scientific purposes,
I will slumber a bit.

peter

-
peter macinnis