TheBanyanTree: Love is Chaos

David dseaman77 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 06:56:21 PDT 2014

After my first marriage ended I lived alone for five years. Eventually
in a duplex, I was in the back, my neighbor in the front. She grew
tomatoes that would vine out into the driveway. I dated a few girls but
had no relationships. One gal I saw regularly died tragically and I just
kinda floated after that. I did things with my family, my kids, and
attended the neighborhood block party every year. I learned a lot about
myself during those years, how to drink like an adult, how to write
fiction, how to be alone. I learned how to enjoy my own company, a skill
that would serve me the rest of my days. Sometimes I feel that things
are proceeding according to some grand plan. By the time I met Bonnie I
was very ready for her. What followed may not have seemed to be an act
of providence because love is chaotic. I was busted open, grew in other
ways. Spiritual ways. Daring ways. Having already met my angels, I was
never afraid. I learned boldness. Faced down my demons. Chased dreams
and fell in love with love. I needed those years alone, like a sprouting
bud requires sunshine.

Dave Seaman