TheBanyanTree: Midnight Mystery

Tom Smith trsmith44 at cox.net
Mon Nov 25 11:57:08 PST 2013

I didn't see it until 5 days after its visit.  That's when I
got around to scanning the 15 second videos captured by a
Bushnell Trophy Camera and noted the date time stamp.  The
Trophy Camera is a wildlife photographer's dream.  Always alert
and ready, this battery-powered camera stays up day and night,
foul weather and fair, and shoots color or infrared images of
anything detectable that moves.  40 minutes after midnight on
November 19, 2013, something moved within its field of vision.
Fast.  So fast that it appears semi-transparent. It wasn't the
usual dog, cat, skunk, cottontail, bird, moth or lizard.  No clue
what to call it.  I can only attempt to describe it as a nimble
flexible foot-long stick with 6 pairs of wings, warmer and
faster than its surroundings.

I don't believe in UFOs, as in alien machines.  My instincts
tell me this is a natural native life form, out hunting, and
common, but rarely seen.  I can't believe I'm the only one who
has ever seen one of these.  Thanks to Flickr and the Internet,
I shouldn't be the only one to see this one.  What is it?

Video with adjacent frame captures at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9482738@N07/11040734994/