TheBanyanTree: Dog Days

Deb Frost snowgoose at mtaonline.net
Sun Jun 2 20:33:06 PDT 2013

<L> I was glad I had our Icelandic Sheepdog [then] puppy on a long
flexi-leash when we took him to a local lake for the first time. He saw
DUCKS way out on the water and didn't give the water a second thought. He
raced right in and started swimming towards the ducks! This was at 10 weeks
of age. Without that flexi-leash with which we reeled him back in - I
honestly think he probably would have kept swimming until he went under.

NOT afraid of water. Yep; we checked that one off the list. :)

Three years later; "Falki" still chases ducks with great abandon when given
the chance and also enjoys dog sports - he competes in Novice Agility, Rally
and is learning Treibball. Keeping up with him is a challenge. Even when
napping, he looks like he's going fact. Hard to explain.

De Frost, Alaska