TheBanyanTree: Pregnant Pineapple Dialogue

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 18:04:01 PST 2013

Jana asked: "What's your climate like?  Do I need to stick the pot in the
greenhouse here in freezing, rainy Oregon?"

The coldest it's been here in San Diego is the high 30s.  There were
several days in a row in the summer above 100.  The heat/sun killed a
Catalpa tree I planted in a canyon rim.  The pineapple was not in full
sun.  Barbara, my wife, gets most of the credit for her consistent every
day care and watering.   About all I did was plant the top in a pot and
give it a spray of liquid fertilizer every month or so.

Tom