TheBanyanTree: The edge of the inferno

Peter Macinnis petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jan 12 16:46:09 PST 2013

On 13/01/2013 11:07, Anita Coia wrote:
> To Janice's point - In Victoria, I think cool-weather burn-offs can be
> conducted on private land with the approval and supervision of the Country
> Fire Authority (CFA). Is that not true elsewhere?

I recall one person whose house survived those awful Vic fires--at
Kinglake, I think--who had been fined regularly for over-clearing.  He
made a big deal of it in the media after the fires, and rightly so, so
point out that his house had survived--though I thought his clearing was
a bit extreme.  Clearly, there are some places where people *who call
themselves green* (a claim that I and I suspect, several others here
would almost certainly contest) try to enforce high levels of vegetation.

peter

Peter Macinnis            petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Cross-cultural watercraft maker, polymorphic monohulls
and Delphic coracles a specialty, also Tribo-economics
http://oldblockwriter.blogspot.com/