TheBanyanTree: Writing Experiment Update

Jim Miller jim at maze.cc
Tue Dec 17 17:35:53 PST 2013

We have enough interest to proceed. In order to catch digest readers, I
won't post the initial paragraph until Thursday at 12:01 am EST. (GMT -
5:00) That will be Friday west of the International Date Line. Completed
stories are to be posted exactly 1 week later. I'll provide specific dates
when we start.

I'm making a slight change to the guidelines:

I will post one paragraph. I will write it to be an opening paragraph and
you will be required to use that paragraph  in your story. Instead of making
the common paragraph your opening, you may use it anywhere within your
story. You must use the common paragraph word for word.

Your assignment is to use the aforementioned paragraph and write a complete
story of 500 words or less. There is no restriction on the theme or content
of your story, except that you MUST use the paragraph I provide. Watch for
it in two days.

Everyone is invited to participate.

Jim