TheBanyanTree: You can't bury a cow here

Theta Brentnall tybrent at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 08:45:15 PDT 2012

Ah, I'm so sorry that I was the one to crush your fantasy.  Yes,
Virginia, there are people who don't get Monty Python.  My husband has a
cousin who can sit through the dead parrot routine without cracking a
smile and then say that it's cruel to tease someone like that.  And be
absolutely serious about it.  We try very hard not to crack jokes in her
presence. (Other than completely lacking the humor gene, she's really a
nice person.)

We were a little worried about both our sons-in-law, neither of whom had
ever heard of Monty Python, but they both embraced the experience when
we introduced them to Monty, and now frequently quote such classic lines
as "Bring me a shrubbery!"  I should have known my daughters wouldn't
have married humor deficient guys.

Theta