TheBanyanTree: Ash's Secret Pond

Monique Colver monique.colver at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 10:59:30 PDT 2012

Update: We called SEH today, just to see what's in the water. We don't
think it's anything harmful, but just to be on the safe side . . .

The guy on the other end of the call laughed, then said someone would call
us back.

They called back just a few minutes later, and laughed again. It's just
storm water, they said, and they test the water going in there to make sure
there's nothing weird in there. I know there are ducks in there, and they
also have squirrels and rabbits running around.

No wonder Ash found it irresistible.

And, they also said, without prompting, they just got all their permits, so
they're going to add another pond and put in landscaping so it looks all
pretty.

I always wanted property by the water.

They also asked what Ash looks like, so they can identify him should they
find a dog roaming around over there. We watched them try to corral a deer
that had gotten in there one day. They're always so nice when we call them.

Which should make me suspicious.

Monique Colver
An Uncommon Friendship: a memoir of love, mental illness, and friendship
Now available at
Amazon<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Monique+Colver>
and
at www.AnUncommonFriendship.com <http://anuncommonfriendship.com/>