TheBanyanTree: You can't bury a cow here

Theta Brentnall tybrent at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 21:41:43 PDT 2012

Only the cowboys' pride.  The animals came off just fine.  You could
practically see them snickering.  I was glad to see that the bull riders
now wear protective vests and helmets with face guards.   I have seen
bull riders seriously hurt when their heads came in contact with the
bull's horns.  We saw the rider who was favoring a leg later and he was
walking okay, so no major damage done.

The best bare back ride was one where the horse came out of the chute,
did a couple of crow-hops and then just stood there.  The cowboy was
kicking and waving his hands and the horse just stood there.  The cowboy
yelled, "Damn it!  Do something!" and the horse took one jump sideways
and left the cowboy sitting on air.  The horse turned around, looked at
him as if to say, "what you doing down there?" and then he calmly
trotted over to the gate and said he was done for the day.  Everyone was
laughing and the poor cowboy stomped out of the arena swearing.  The
officials decided to give him another ride and the second horse
performed with much more artistry, and he ended up being the only cowboy
that made it to the buzzer, so he was the only bareback rider who got
some points.

Theta