TheBanyanTree: Song of Spring

Theta Brentnall tybrent at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 09:01:00 PDT 2012

I don't know that I slept better last night.  The frogs were so loud
that when they shut up, it would startle me awake - if they would just
keep going, I would have gotten more rest.  The coyotes were after
something in the orchard next door last night and the feral roosters had
a crowing contest about 3 a.m. (it's not true that roosters only crow at
dawn.  They crow any time they darn well feel like it.)  What does
happen at dawn is the pair of geese who have staked out our pond as
their nest site start yelling and screaming at the other geese who have
the unmitigated gall to try and land on their pond or in their pasture.
Ah, nature.

Theta