TheBanyanTree: Fugue

Monique Colver monique.colver at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:39:13 PDT 2012

Would it help if I told you we're all dying?

No?

I didn't think so.

Depression is hard enough. COPD is very difficult. Put the two together,
add in a sinus infection, chronic fatigue, and a bad cough, you're bound to
be tired of the whole damn thing. I get that. I really get that.

I often mistake depression for being sick. Or being sick for depression. Or
chronic fatigue for depression. Or depression for chronic fatigue. How can
one tell, when the symptoms all seem to meld together into one big fat "I
feel like crap and I don't want to do this anymore?" I hate the fatigue. I
often expect myself to not have fatigue, and when I do I'm irritated at it,
and at myself for allowing it.

But you're doing the best you can for yourself, aren't you? That's what
matters. And sometimes when others think we aren't doing enough, we need to
tell ourselves that only we really know what's going on.

Me, I try to listen to what other people tell me, or I'd be convinced of my
uselessness. I am a harsh critic of myself.

I'm thinking of you, and your fugue. Try to look for the small things that
make you happy. Sometimes that's the best we can do, is hold onto those
little things.

Monique Colver