TheBanyanTree: A Blink of An Eye

Sheri Baity sheribaity at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 15:39:17 PDT 2012

A veil of silence falls upon me like the layer of fog that encompasses my vision. Once again my children have made that journey down our steep driveway as they head off to where they belong, their home. My heart aches with each breath as I replay in my mind the sound of tears from my Babay in the back seat. “Secret Family Waves” was heard from my daughter as she turned the wheel and went around the corner of the house away from my eyes.

Why does the time have to fly so fast when all you want to do is hold on and treasure each second spent. In the blink of an eye, it’s time for good-byes. She is all of 30 now and you would think that seeing this beautiful lady that she has become, would be satisfying enough for my spirit to make this easy to handle. But each time the car disappears from my site…each time the tears fall like the deep fog misting against my mountain cheeks.

Although I know in my mind the time will fly, moving into the new home, I will miss their laughter engulfing this farm. I will miss the life they breath into my very soul. I will miss the smiles that could melt a million snowmen. I will miss them.

Soon though, the flowers will bloom, the tree’s will leaf and June will be here… and so will they once again. Just as in a blink of an eye they have left… a blink of an eye they will return. I am so blessed…

Sheri L Baity
Crows Nest Calls
www.crowsnestcalls.com

American Predator Federation
"Where Predator Hunters Are Forming A Pack"
http://www.huntapf.org

A woman is like a tea bag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water~~Eleanor Roosevelt