TheBanyanTree: Tugging the Tiger's tail <g>

Sachet MountainWhisper at att.net
Sat Mar 24 10:03:09 PDT 2012

Ok, so when I first moved here, there were a few ummm...incidences with
things. What, with all the huge life changes, I was a wee bit frazzled,
so there were understandable reasons a few things got
ummm...accidentally uhhhh....broken.
[ *I* did NOT shatter the glass shower door into a gazillion small
shards. But I figured out how it happened. I'll tell him ummm...some
day. La-la-la-la-la. Some day.;-)  ]

Anyway, most all of you know that I cut my baby teeth on tools, are
fascinated with them, love the power and that I actually do know how to
fix a lot of things and enjoy doing so. But, because of the
uhhh....slight mishaps shall we say?....Mark doesn't yet know these
things. When I tell him that I do, he gives me this look like he wants
to believe me, he really, really does, and he knows that I *think* I
know what I'm talking about, but, well, evidence would suggest
otherwise. <g>

So this morning when I texted him at work to ask him if we have any tile
adhesive he answered a lot faster than usual to query "Why?".  It made
me grin. Lots. I reassured him that it was for a craft project. Why he
believes that to be safely benign, I dunno. ;-) [I think he'll really
like the new mosaic top to his treasure chest.]

A few minutes ago I just texted him to ask him where the drill bits are.
Interestingly enuff it took him a long time to reply. And when he did,
the msg was blank. I think it was his way of pleading the 5th. <g> But
he musta thought about it and decided that with my propensity for
improvising, that it might be safer and better to just tell me so that I
can complete my mission more efficiently. <g> So a few minutes later
another msg followed with info on where they are located. Which I
actually coulda found on my own. But, I am having entirely too much fun
texting him now & then with creative questions.

Next, I'll take a pic of the newly straightened up "junk drawer" that
has been the bane of his existence (and something I have been quite
proud of making messy). I tried to s'plain to him that it took me years
to learn how to let some things be messy, because in my OCD world,
neatness was a mandatory priority. So it's really a healthy sign that I
can feel comfy enough to let a drawer or closet be messy. He doesn't
quite grok that, yet. :-)

Then after I soothe him with the organized drawer pic, I think I'll wait
an hour or so before I ask him if we have any extra pieces of glass or
wood glue.

He'll like the way I'm redoing the little deck table. I know he will.