TheBanyanTree: Still alive, surfacing for a question

Jena Norton eudora45 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 28 13:01:18 PDT 2012

Tobie, glad you surfaced!

Jena Norton

-----Original Message-----
From: thebanyantree-bounces at lists.remsset.com
[mailto:thebanyantree-bounces at lists.remsset.com] On Behalf Of Tobie Shapiro
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:57 AM
To: The Banyan Tree
Subject: TheBanyanTree: Still alive, surfacing for a question

June 28, 200000000000000000000000000000000000000121212121212121212

Dear group of writing fanatics,

	This is Tobie Shapiro.  Remember me?  I think the last time I was
active in here was in 2007 when I sent in an excerpt every day that I
called, for want of a better title, "Life Stories_____", and gave them a
number.  Of course before the post of the out of order pieces of life
memories, I blathered away, much as I am doing now, telling everyone what
was going on at the time in my actual non parallel
universe life.   Then after the two hundred somethingth installment, I
suddenly shut up and disappeared, to no one's great alarm or
anything.  The alarm went on in my private life.     As it still
does.   But much has happened in the positive column as well.

	However, I'm not going to bother you with that tawdry stuff.   I'm
going to come begging for advice.   This is how it is........I got a
call from an old and dear friend who had made the awful mistake of googling
herself and finding her name attached to some goings on in my Life Stories
project.  She contacted me, upset, asking me to remove the reference to her.
Too many people involved, truths revealed, uncomfortable apologies due (I
kneed the floor for a few weeks and promised to edit out the personally
identifiable text.  I felt
terrible about it.....writing as if no one were ever going to read it
(though that is understandable seeing as how I recall posting what I thought
were stories as powerful as land mines but much kinder and hearing
absolutely not one word from anyone here.  Well, I do that, but that's
another story altogether.  None of us is personally like the rest of them
impersonally)/

	I want to correct that piece in the archives.  Is there someone who
can tell me how to get that done?  I love my friend and yet, internetly
typical, I posted highly personal information for all 7 billion of us to
see, with in mind that only two or three people would read it, and of those,
maybe .0003% of them would recognize my friend's name, and of those .0003%
maybe less than .
000000000000000000000000002413% would call up and harass her 30 years
after the fact.   Nevertheless, it's the principle of the thing.  And
I was what is known as a rat.   So my work is cut out for me.
Can anyone help me out here?   I wrote to Paul a few months ago, but
never heard back.  I could have typed too softly.

					Say hello to the nice lady.

					Tobie

"I'm Jewish.  I have OCD; and I'm not afraid to use it."    THS

Tobie Shapiro
tobie at shpilchas.net