TheBanyanTree: Some days, it just ain't your day...

Anita Coia anita at redpepper.net.au
Sun Feb 26 15:24:52 PST 2012

Hehehe!!  Great story, Dale.  One of the ways my husband and I differ is
that he is a raving optimist, and I'm kind of a "start from worst case
scenario and work back" type of person.  He has big lists for the things he
wants to get done on the weekend, I have much shorter ones.   He expects
that he will be able to successfully complete everything he wants to do
within the time he's estimated,  I figure that things won't always go
smoothly, or even that I might prefer to do something else (as long as I've
knocked off the 'essentials').

Of course, things don't always go smoothly and hubby gets frustrated.  He
pops a hose on the hydraulic lifting arms (don't know the technical term!)
on the tractor, or it rains, or someone is sick, or he completely misjudges
how efficient (not) the shopping centre experience usually is, or there is
roadwork, etc.  Generally it's an even split - some days go really well,
others don't.

As a result, he's often more frustrated than me.  But he gets a hell of a
lot more done than me, overall.  :)  It's one of the things I really admire
about him; I always tell people that if he has decided something needs to be
done, it will be done. Sooner rather than later.  And, like you, if
something goes wrong, he's determined to fix it or work around it until his
original task is completed.

To be fair, he doesn't usually have a 3 year old in tow when he's trying to
get his things done.  But I can't really use that excuse, because I've
always been the way I've been.

Anita

Message: 2