TheBanyanTree: When I read

Gloria burns.gloria at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 20:54:32 PST 2012

Congrats to you for continuing with the reading!!!!!  You did it!  You made
it through!  People appreciated it and let you know it.

It gets much easier with practice.  The more you speak to crowds, small
groups, whatever, the easier it gets.  I know, I've been there.  Shoot, I'd
feel anxious just knowing that my turn to speak was coming up!  Having to
do it more and more often certainly helped, though I dreaded it...and I do
mean dreaded the moment I'd have to become the center of attention for a
spell.  The other thing that helped me was hearing Connie Chang(?), a news
gal, tell everyone on her first day how nervous she was to be there.  It
blew my mind that SHE would be nervous....she had lots of experience at
this stuff!  And then she added that she'd take it as a sign of how truly
excited she was to be there.  Once I decided that I'd think excitement,
rather than anxious, I did a whole lot better.  So next time you get the
anxious feeling...give thanks and say to yourself... Yep!  I'm ALIVE!  I'm
feeling!  Excited about being here and doing this!

Hey...we can try anything once, eh?

Way to go, Dave!
Da Dreamer