TheBanyanTree: Another Dog Story

Laura Hicks wolfljsh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 10:13:22 PDT 2012

I have one of these dogs. If the gate is open, she goes through it, and if
I call her, she'll look back as if to say, "I don't think so." and trot off
in the other direction. Fortunately for me, she can't resist stopping for
pats from strangers, and we live in a fairly crowded neighborhood, so
there's always someone out. I just call to them, "Please hold her for me!",
and they do, and I can go get her and carry her home. (because I'm not
forward thinking enough to grab a leash) She's always happy to see me, and
she's happy to be back in her house, but something draws her to the open
gate and compels her to run the other way.

Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com