TheBanyanTree: My day.... :-)

Sachet MountainWhisper at att.net
Fri Aug 24 20:52:35 PDT 2012

Today was my day to sleep in.

Only in my dreams..... ;-)

Cloud (Golden Retriever) was sleeping in his bed, dreaming doggy dreams,
paws faux running,
tail twitching.

Tabouli (5 month old kitten) was curled up next to me on one side. Cissy
(Great Dane) had obviously sneaked
up on Jim's side (for as big as she is, she can do an amazingly
effective stealth mode) and was pressed up
against me. She does that sometimes when he leaves for work.

Dawn was just barely presenting its soft colors amidst the fog wafting
through our cove. I snuggled into my covers and sighed, happy to be
where I was with my peaceful pets surrounding me.

Then....Tabouli evidently just *had* to investigate the little sounds
Cloud was making while he dreamed. I sleepily watched her peek over the
edge of the bed. I wasn't surprised when she jumped down and sniffed one
of his twitching paws. And I wasn't even surprised when she patted at
one paw and began to nibble on it. She does that a lot to the dogs and
they either move, run away or take it in stride. She's very interactive. <g>

Well...

Cloud must have thought he was suddenly being attacked by some wild
creature in his dream because he came awake in the blink of an eye,
teeth bared, mouth snarling and lunging for Tabouli. (She's fast as
lightening so she skedaddled asap. LOTS of practice tormenting the dogs
makes one very fleet of foot/paw.)

So...

Cissy was startled awake and since her primary self-appointed task in
life is to protect Tabouli, she lunged off the bed and pinned Cloudy to
the floor.

Which meant I had to catapult out of bed to grab her and call her off.
Then I had to soothe poor Cloudy who was shaking because he had gone
from peacefully sleeping to an all out war zone so fast he didn't know
up from down.

Tabouli, in the meantime, was prancing around as if nothing had happened
and was ready to play.

With the instant adrenaline rush, there was no way I was going to be
able to get back to sleep. <sigh>

But I did get a lot of coursework done this morning. Then rewarded
myself with a late morning motorcycle ride up 209 (my favorite twisty
mountain
road) to a little country store/cafe along Spring Creek.

Only...

When I got there, having already planned to sit out on the back veranda
in the morning sun and savor the quiet sounds of the creek, the birds,
the scent of freshly cut hay on the breeze and whatever delectable
dessert and token-healthy-something that I eat to pacify my conscience
(and to keep from getting a sugar buzz, because a sugar buzz when riding
my motorcycle is not the best of feelings ------> I have learned the
hard way)....well....imagine my surprise, dismay and the instantaneous
ick factor of seeing a septic truck in the parking lot, right next to
the back seating area. I could have handled that if it had simply been
parked there, because I could have chosen a seat far away from it and
still enjoyed the creek, etc.

But...

The aroma stagnating at the front door from septic servicemen at work on
the cafe's system was......overpoweringly obvious. <sigh>

So I went inside and made the best of it. The food was great (portabello
mushroom sandwich, carmelized onions, red peppers, tomato & cheese) and
a orange ganache/mousse dessert.

Lovely ride home with a full tummy made me sleepy, so I figured I
would take a nap.

I wish...

Cissy and I were curled up on the bed, just drifting off to sleep, her
head resting on my side.....when Tabouli jumped up on the bed and
decided to smack Cissy on the nose. Cissy, being a patient soul, ignored
the smacks and burrowed her face under my arm, so that Tabouli couldn't
reach
her nose.

Oy.

Tabouli jumped on her head and bit her ear.

I started laughing so hard, there was no chance of falling asleep.

So, Jim and I are going down to the firepit, sans pets and enjoy some
quiet time where Tabouli can't reach us. <g>

The dogs are on their own.