TheBanyanTree: BLACK CROW

Peter Macinnis petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Thu Oct 13 13:44:51 PDT 2011

On 14/10/2011 06:13, Julie Anna Teague wrote:
> Nice!  Tis the season for these great fall poem.

For some of us, perhaps.  Here in Sydney, the koels (extremely noisy and
nocturnally thuggishly active cuckoos) have arrived, the best of the
wildflowers are setting their seed, and in a fortnight or so, the first
jacarandas will bloom.  The first warm evening after that, we will hear
the shrilling of cicadas.

I have yet to hear any politician declaring that the bush is a
tinderbox, but all the other signs of summer are now in place.

Nice fallish poems, all the same.  They call to mind a visit to Oxford
Mississippi, a few years back.  I can date it because all the staff at
Denver airport as I flew home were in Halloween make-up, but just before
I left Ole Miss, I saw three men with leaf-blowers, herding the leaves
as the pups of working dogs here might drive sheep before them.

Seasons,  Another thing that separates us from those curious people on
the other side of the equator.

hooroo

--
  _--|\   Peter Macinnis, feral word herder, & science gossip.
/     \  Inexplicable events coordinator and former designer