TheBanyanTree: Big Voluptuous Nudes

Rob McMonigal trebro at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 14:58:09 PDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Margaret R. Kramer
<margaretkramer at comcast.net> wrote:
> I went to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts this afternoon to see the Titian
> exhibit (http://www.artsmia.org/titian/).  The Institute has these paintings
> on loan from Scotland and I believe they have never been the USA before.
> Titian was an artist during the Italian Renaissance.
>
> If you like looking at curvaceous nude women that do not have perfect
> bodies, these are the paintings for you.  The Diana paintings (Titian
> painted four and two are on display at the Institute) are gigantic!  The
> text described that the emperor liked to retire to the room where the Diana
> paintings were on display after his lunch.  I wonder what he was doing in
> there!  I guess back then, these paintings were the royal Playboy
> centerfold.

Heh.

That reminds me of going to the Philly Art Museum (oh my God, go there
if you can) with some people I barely new, for a Renoir exhibition.
Might as well have called it "Girls Girls Girls" as there were nudes
aplenty.

Tasteful, of course, but still.

We spent most of our time in that gallery trying NOT to talk to each
other.  Or to stare for very long.  (Or at least not get caught
staring for very long.)

-Rob