TheBanyanTree: Companioned

smack58 at nycap.rr.com smack58 at nycap.rr.com
Wed Mar 2 07:02:19 PST 2011

I can just picture this.  I had kitties when my kids were little.  They were so sweet.  They have all passed away now.  I still miss them.

Sharon
---- Julie Anna Teague <jateague at indiana.edu> wrote:
Love these stories.  My sweet kittums, best cat ever in the whole
world, came from the Shelter, so she was chipped there.  If she ever
got more than, say, three feet from the house, we'd have hope of
finding her.  But three feet is about the limits of her bravery.  She
runs around in the grass a bit when I'm out in the yard with her.
She'll weave through the herb garden, sniffing at chives and the trails
of pesky chipmunks.  But she prefers looking at the world from the
safety of the screened porch.  If we open the door, she'll sometimes
dart out onto the front porch and then freeze in her tracks as if she
wasn't quite sure that's what she really wanted to do.  Her thought
process didn't extend beyond "get through obstacle door".  The world on
the other side of obstacle door is a little scary and has things like
precipitation and dogs.  If she had her way, most of the time she would
curled tightly around my neck with her nose buried in my hair.

Julie

Quoting smack58 at nycap.rr.com: