TheBanyanTree: My Bunker Hill Day~

Woofie woofie at woofess.com
Fri Jun 24 06:20:55 PDT 2011

Love your posts, even though this one was the result of an incident that
I am sure you would prefer to have avoided! Well, if a person has to
have an accident, it is best to make it as spectacular as possible, so
you did good with this one:)

w:)

On 23/06/2011 7:57 PM, smack58 at nycap.rr.com wrote:
> On Thursday afternoon I left work looking forward to a long weekend with Bunker Hill Day closing the campus on Friday.  Had all sorts of plans.  I was really looking forward to it.  I decided to go next door to the East Side Cafe to get one of their delicious pizzas so I gated my dogs on the deck and headed over.  But instead of taking the front way with the even SIDEWALK, I took the back way around the park where the neighbors driveway meets my fence.  Bad decision, folks.  I stubbed my toe (majorly) and it threw me forward.  Trying not to fall on my bad knew, I took 5 big strides and when I could no longer hold myself up, I hit the road.....face first.  Thank God a young man saw me go down and pulled over his car or I could have gotten run over.  Blood was spewing everywhere and after he called 911 he went into the Cafe to get help.  It looked as though someone had slit my throat there was so much blood.  The restaurant people brought me towels and ice and helped me into a sitting position.  The fire truck came and then the ambulance.  I could not get up on my own but those beautiful (handsome) firemen helped me up in a jiffy.  WOW!  They treated this chubby lady like a featherweight...they were strong, smart and all I could think of was how good looking they were and how beautiful their teeth were.  Funny what goes through your head when your in shock.
>
> Anyway, the kind ambulance people walked me home and my poor pups who howled like little wolves they were so worried, greeted me like crazy.  NO, I didn't go to the hospital.  After my last stay, I tend to avoid it, but Dolores and Ann from the East Side came over armed with butterflies disinfectant, Bacitracin, gauze, gloves and band-aids and fixed me up so good that when I saw my doctor he didn't touch it...he said they did a pretty good job of it.
>
> So slowly the swelling has gone down (I couldn't see out of my right eye for a couple of days) and the black&  blue has spread to my right eye so I look like a raccoon.  My nose has been released from the bandages and though still puffy the scabs have come off (showers are great for that kind of stuff).
>
> I have decided to tell folks that ask, that I have had cosmetic surgery!!!  LOL!

"The one constant in life is absurdity" - Woofie - 30/4/02
Blogs:  http://www.woofess.org/woofblog/
Photos: http://www.pbase.com/woofess
Photos: http://public.fotki.com/woofie/