TheBanyanTree: Snakes Alive!!

auntiesash auntiesash at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 12:44:12 PDT 2011

I think everyone has a visceral response to "small animal frightening us" -
even if it's a kitten.  But I can assure you that I have no negative

Spiders are a different thing entirely - can't stand them.  Just typing this
may make it impossible to finish eating my lunch.  No reason for it at all.
 In fact, I was bitten by a rattlesnake as a kid, so you would think I'd be
afraid of snakes.

Scientific America ran an article once about fears and spiders/snakes are
wired in - like fear of falling or of fire.  Makes me suspect that we can
retrain our reactions to them, but probably can't retrain our basis,
emotional responses.

Nice writing, Pammie.

- sash

--
Everyone is from somewhere - even if you've never been there
So take a minute to remember the part of you