TheBanyanTree: stop press! Unbelievable!

Woofie woofie at woofess.com
Sun Jul 24 17:27:38 PDT 2011

Sunday

Cut it a bit fine checking out of hotel this am to get to airport.... is a 2 hour drive from Melaka.....requested a cab and was worried it would take a while for one to arrive, even though there are hundreds of teksis in Melaka. I needn't have worried as one arrived promptly at the hotel.

But then, I guess I should have predicted what happened next..... it was inevitable, given the events of the previous days.....

Yup --- You got it right folks.....

IT WAS ONE AND THAT BLOODY TEKSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W!

PS... I can understand if you think I have made up all this stuff - but I haven't...I wish I had made it up, but it is all true!
The first thing I said to One today was "Don't lose the bloody key, cuz I don't want to miss me plane!". Anyways, One was chatting away to me in his garbled English and  I misunderstood half of what he said. We get half way up the t ollway going to the airport and he points to a spot in the road and says that yesterday he was taking a Japanese couple to the airport when his car caught on fire and went boom! I was not surprised to hear this, judging on past events. However when I queried further what he was trying to say that a car going the other way caught fire yesterday and caused a massive traffic jam. Now that was all we would need, I thought, as I was already sweating about missing my flight...and wouldn't you know it..round the next bend we had to slow down for an accident.....sheesh!!!!

We finally made it to the airport and I gave Juan 10 ringgit to go and buy himself some lunch and he shakes hands with me and tells me to contact him when I come back and he will drive me around again... and he asks, "You won't forget me, will you?"

I replied, "One, there is no way I will ever forget you!!"

--
Best regards,
  Woofie                          mailto:woofie at woofess.com

"The one constant in life is absurdity" - Woofie - 30/4/02
Latest Photos: http://woofess.smugmug.com/
Blogs:  http://www.woofess.org/woofblog/
Photos: http://www.pbase.com/woofess