TheBanyanTree: No more hoarding...I think!

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Mon Jan 3 21:13:12 PST 2011

I recently went through a carton of stuff left from my Mom's house, after
her passing and the sale of the family home. It had not looked in that box,
for  I thought it contained only old medical and bank papers, possible some
passport  or birth information that I might want to keep.

There was all of that, plus some writing I had done in school, teenage
drivel and fanciful tales, first loves and adolescent poetry. I had not
realized  my mother kept it all. I read through those writings, of an unpractised
and  naive hand, someone I used to me, the key to a lot of forgotten memories.

I will throw them all away, along with all the other stuff, as I try to get
 out of hoarding mode and downsize my piles of "stuff". I must come from a
long  line of hoarders, for there were also old love letters from my father
there, and  family notes of dates and affections and history of no
importance.

Except to me.