TheBanyanTree: Wolf Moon 2010 - Something has been lost...

A. Christopher Hammon chris at oates.org
Sat Jan 1 08:04:38 PST 2011

Hmmmm .... I have had a similar ritual in that since the mid-1980s I
have ritually done a file back up of my various computers, which then
allows me to free up some space on the working drives. My calendar and
contacts are all kept on my iPhone and synchronized with the office; and
the calendar is synchronized through Google calendar so that everyone
else in the office has access to everyone's schedule (we are a small,
highly collaborative staff). But then as I am sitting here this morning
reviewing drafts of student papers and making numerous corrections and
comments on things to adjust or clarify, it occurs to me that I can't
remember the last time I actually reviewed a student's writing that was
actually on pieces of paper. It is all electronic.

I do, however, still keep my journal on paper in bound journals
typically using one of my fountain pens, and I often enjoy the ritual of
starting a new journal around the ending and beginning of years. So I
have just started a new journal with a new fountain pen.

Cheers to the New Year,
Chris