TheBanyanTree: Resolution

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 20:49:44 PST 2011

No new years resolutions.  No behaviors that I see that need
changing. I'll be grateful if the status stays quo.  Got up in
a pine tree and took down a big branch that broke but not
completely. It felt great to still be able to do that.

My biggest personal thrills lately have been fixing things -the
door latch on the microwave busted.  Couldn't even get the
oatmeal that was in it, out. Thought of it as an adventure and
started taking it apart.  Found a broken plastic lever.
Ordinarily that would be time to give up, since never before
have I been able to repair anything plastic that required
strength.  Got the idea to try Gorilla Glue and some scrap
carbon fiber sheet. It worked.  I'm still happy about that -
every time I push the button and the microwave door opens.

Barbara said she couldn't set her clock radio anymore.  She
likes waking up to the bird sounds it makes.  I thought, well,
I'm kind of on a roll.. and with about about 30 minutes and
some contact cleaner got it working -just basically exploring
and figuring things out.

The spark plug wire on the chain saw severed today, in a bad
spot, and with some solder and electric cord scrap it's fixed
and running.

In 2011 I want to stay like the microwave, clock radio and
chain saw.. cooking, singing and able to cut wood.

Cheers,
 Tom