TheBanyanTree: potential

Julie Anna Teague jateague at indiana.edu
Mon Feb 14 10:45:18 PST 2011

Quoting Laura <wolfljsh at gmail.com>:

> Whoa.  17 miles?  And here I was congratulating myself for walking up and
> down the line of cones at physical therapy three times without falling down
> or crying!

You should be congratulating yourself!!  After what you've gone
through, that is a challenge.

> I suppose whether the goal is a big goal, like a marathon, or a little goal,
> like re-learning how to walk properly, it is important to have a goal to spur
> you on to bigger and better things.

That's exactly right.  Different goals for different people because we
all face different physical and emotional life experiences.  I'm lucky
in that, while I've faced my share of physical challenges, they've
mostly been surmountable in one way or another.  That is not always the
case.  The goal is the thing, whatever that goal is.

> My long-term goal is to be able to walk 5 miles on a paved trail with my
> dogs.

And you will get there because I know that you, too, my friend, are one
strong woman.