TheBanyanTree: Being invisible

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Wed Apr 27 05:09:37 PDT 2011

In a message dated 4/26/2011 3:38:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
monique.colver at gmail.com writes:

I am  told, from certain reliable sources that shall go unnamed, that I am
now  one of the invisible.

I thought I was always invisible.  My talented and forward  children always
garnered the attention, either because of their beauty,  brilliance, or
because they were wearing their pajamas tops and holey jeans to  school that
day.  I was just, "the mom". if anyone noticed me at all.   "I'd like you to
meet Jason and. . . Jason's mom."  Or, "This is John, and.  . .John's wife."

I went to church for years. Even joined the choir for a time, and when I
missed a couple of rehearsals, no one noticed.  I was religious in my
attendance, put my envelope in the pot as it passed, stood, sat, knelt, even
shouted "Praise the Lord," as was appropriate.  Then, other things  interrupted,
my shedule changed. I had to work some weekends, and others, I had  the flu
or was out of town, and gradually, I stopped attending.

THEN I was noticed. "I haven't seen you at services" the pastor would say
if I ran into him on the street. "We really miss you in choir," another
said, a  choir member, when we chanced to meet at the grocery store.

I guess I am visible only when I am not there.

NancyLee

mom