TheBanyanTree: why I get turned off, and how I turn back on

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 10:14:29 PDT 2010

On 13 Sep 2010 at 9:34, Theta Brentnall wrote:

> my church moment was standing on the edge of the
> Columbia River, almost a mile across here, and watching a glorious
> red-gold-purple sunset in a sky with no interruptions from horizon to
> horizon.

My favorite place to "go to church" is on top of a mountain.  I love the climb, and I especially
love that moment when you step out from the treeline and suddenly it looks as if the whole
world is spread out there below you.  It makes you feel so small, and yet so in touch with a
tiny part of what the Great Spirit must feel when It looks down upon this beautiful world of
ours.

I also love the sea.  Standing on the dunes and looking out over that vast expanse of water
gives me the same feeling.  Particularly since I know that we have not explored even the
smallest percentage of the ocean's vastness.  How many of God's mysteries still wait down
there for us to find?

How many more wait for us among the stars?

And when we find them, will we have the good sense to look and marvel and leave them
alone?

Yep, nothing like a mountain top or an oceanside to make you contemplate the Whole.

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com
http://wolfsinger.wordpress.com