TheBanyanTree: why I get turned off, and how I turn back on

Indiglow indiglow at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 13 07:33:22 PDT 2010

I so agree with you, Julie!  I think it was another Spooner (Theta, was it you?) who long ago described herself as a Zen-Animist-Methodist, and that stuck in my mind as quite sensible.  For the most part, I'm content with the Methodist church which tends to focus on community and "do unto others" (stewardship) - and for the most part leaves the dogma alone.  But there are times when a flowing river or a good wild wind or a gurgling baby are all I need to feel connected to what I call God.