TheBanyanTree: Some days....

smack58 at nycap.rr.com smack58 at nycap.rr.com
Thu Oct 28 04:29:10 PDT 2010

Got a good laugh out of this one!

Sharon
---- Sachet <MountainWhisper at att.net> wrote:
......some guys are just entirely too annoying.

 From my husband at supper after I made each dog sit and obey before I
let them have some leftover green beans and corn.

= "What are they eating? You didn't give them the pork I was planning on
taking to work tomorrow, did you?"

To which I kindly replied:
"Yep, I did. I figured that it was too unhealthy for you, so I gave them
the whole plate."

Yesterday, from Eric (neighbor who teaches me bike mechanic stuff) the
very day AFTER I had changed my oil, oil filter, spark plugs, cleaned my
chain, lubed it, found a problem with a rivet on my chain, researched it
so thoroughly that the guys on my Honda Shadow forum blew my pic of it
up to a 800 something or other magnification so we could identify the
exact problem and I've subsequently ordered a new chain, AFTER
researching which kind I needed and where to get the best price, etc. So
yesterday I changed the head lamp bulb because my high beam was out. As
I was walking away from his shop and ran into Eric on his way in, and I
told him I had replaced it and that it worked, he said:

= "You tested out both beams - the high and the low beams?"

My ever-so-sweet reply:
"Naw, I thought I would just wait until I was on the road, in the DARK
to test it out."

Then I walked away, looked back at him, mutely staring at me, (he hasn't
been around me enough yet to expect any sarcasm) and kept right on walking.

And now tonight on my Honda Shadow forum after I asked if there was a
safety mechanism to keep gas from leaking out when you tip your bike
over. Got a nice reply from one guy and then this reply from another:

= "The whole idea is to keep the scoot up on its wheels, and if you
can't.....learn how to pick it up quick. Before someone starts laughing. "

To which I ever-so-nicely replied:

"Well, I think they did mention that slightly obvious fact in the MSF
class, gat803. Good thing, because I probably wouldn't have figured that
one out all on my own. "