TheBanyanTree: a dream realized.....

Sachet MountainWhisper at att.net
Thu Oct 14 16:01:50 PDT 2010

Well, that makes two of us, Pammie. (Being a tad bit nervous.) I think
that's a good thing. I tend to like speed in a car and certainly don't
need to mix that with a bike. Surprisingly, I don't really like going
all that fast on my bike. I prefer the twisty curves and we have plenty
of those around here. I do love downshifting and hearing my bike rumble.

My area is a great place to learn to sharpen my skills because it's so
rural and the farmer's/ranchers are so polite on the road. They don't
crowd me and in fact back off, which is really nice of them. Maybe when
they see the butterflies and flowers on my helmet, that makes them stop
and think. <g>

Thanks everyone for the support and advice. I am as careful as can be.
There are still risks, but I knew that going into it. I plan on taking
each successive level of rider courses, since they teach such important
skills and are a challenge.