TheBanyanTree: Remembrance day: the other victims

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 15:34:06 PST 2010

> I have seen what has happened to a few Vietnam returnees and
> their families.  (For American readers, yes, we were drawn into
> that one as well.)

..as well as Iraq, Afghanistan, and opting out of the Kyoto Protocol.

Sounds like Australians may have no more control over their
"democracy" than USans.  If the decisions of our elected governments
accurately reflect the populations' perceptions, a fair conclusion is that
the voters in Australia and the US were badly misinformed and misled;
certainly, neither can claim moral superiority.

To whatever exent voter perception is created by the media, U.S.
voters have the burden of critically thinking through the lies, distortions
and billions in influence peddling by the owner of the Wall Street Journal,
the FOX News Network, the, Anglo-Australian, Rupert Murdoch.