TheBanyanTree: A TOMATO STORY

smack58 at nycap.rr.com smack58 at nycap.rr.com
Tue Nov 2 05:33:32 PDT 2010

Wow!  Now that's a story...hard to believe isn't it?  I feel badly for your sister as I find seafood and fish one of my greatest culinary delights.  YUM! (as my kids say).  We are from Maryland, and for us, there is nothing like the seafood, etc. that comes from there. I actually wrote a chapter in my book where my heroine serves mussels to her new boyfriend and finds out he is allergic.  He didn't know either until he eats them.  Some day I will have to share the chapter.  Makes for funny reading but NOT funny in real life!  Right?  :(

Sharon
---- NancyIee at aol.com wrote:

A delightful story, and a truth that can been known only through
experience.

My sis, in olden times, loved shrimp.  My parents were going to host a
nice dinner, which would start out with chilled shrimp.  While Mom began to
set the table, she placed the big crystal bowl of shrimp and cocktail sauce
out.  Sis hid beneath the table, and every time Mom would make another trip
back into  the kitchen, sis would reach up and snatch another handful of
shrimp. There are  sat under the table munching away, until Mom finally caught on
and caught  her.

She spent day in timeout in her room, growing more uncomfortable by the
moment. From all the shrimp, she developed a very dangerous allergy to all
seafood. To this day, not only can she not eat shrimp, but also lobster,
oysters, and most sea fish without dangerous symptoms, life-threatening  ones.

nancylee