TheBanyanTree: I crack myself up sometimes ;-)

Sachet MountainWhisper at att.net
Sat Nov 13 22:12:09 PST 2010

Ebay is simply amazing.

I tipped my bike over again this week. I was surprised over how it
happened, but not that it did. When Eric (motorcycle mentor, rider
extraordinaire, mechanical genius, patient teacher) was aghast (more so
because he's amazed that I don't damage the pristine paint <eyes
rolling>) the first time I did it, I *told* him that it would happen
again and I am just resigned to it being likely when there are a certain
combination of factors - gravel, a steep slope and me not having time to
consider the angle of my stop.

I was off riding one day after work, happily exploring a mountain road
that was new to me, when a huge German Shepherd chased me. And then not
2 seconds later the road ended with no warning and I hit gravel, on a
slope and stopped, recovering from being startled by the dog and
instantly having to consider the no road aspect.

Annnnnd I promptly tipped over when I put my foot down and slipped on
the gravel.

I seem to instinctly know when I am tipping past the point of no return
and can get my legs clear. Which is good considering the bike wears four
times more than I do. I tried to use the leverage technique to get the
bike upright, but I kept slipping on the damn gravel and couldn't get my
feet stabilized enough to push.

I tried calling my husband first, but no answer. I was just VERY
thankful that I had any cell signal. More often than not we don't here.
So, with a resigned and amused sigh I dialed Eric's cell number hoping
he was on his way home because I knew it would take him past the
turn-off of the road I was stranded on. Thankfully, he was and arrived
within 15 minutes.

And greeted me with his new sobriquet for me that he finds sooooooooo
*highly* amusing.

Teapot.

And he sang the song to me as an added entertainment factor. <g>

So I was on ebay tonight, looking for a butterfly patch for the back of
my motorcycle jacket when I whimsically typed in "teapot patch" and
about fell off the couch laughing so hard. Could this be any more
perfect!?!?!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370376803819

I ordered two. One for my jacket sleeve and one for Eric as a surprise.