TheBanyanTree: seeing

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 19:28:42 PDT 2010

Along the edge of a mountain meadow, we were randomly paired
and assigned Photographer and Camera roles.  The Photographer half
of each pair guided his or her Camera person with hands on
shoulders from behind.  The "Cameras" were to keep their eyes
closed until their shoulders were tapped, and close them when
tapped again.  After a while, roles were reversed.  As a Camera,
I found myself enthralled with every instant of viewing that my
Photographer briefly allowed, and at the second tap closed my eyes
ravenously hungering for more.  I had never noticed before how
exciting tree bark could be.  I left this experience feeling wealthy
beyond measure, knowing I could look at anythine I wished for as
as long as I liked.

image at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9482738@N07/5143830489/