TheBanyanTree: Love is Where You Find It and Proposal by Text

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sun May 23 19:32:48 PDT 2010

Margaret,

Yes, there are possibilities yet to explore. I have met people through the
internet; none through a dating service, but a few in writing sites, and
one in  a particular location. Here, there are any number of folks who move
south to  escape winter, and then need to find a new social circle. I "talked"
to several  for a long time before daring to meet them in person, whether
they were men or  women. (one never knows until that first face-to-face.) One
I really liked; we  enjoyed the same movies and tv programs, favorite
restaurants, books, music, and  life outlook. We finally, after a couple of
months, (we were both cautious)  decided on lunch together.

Through this first foray into internet meetings, I am more comfortable,
though still cautious. I have met some great friends, and some bums, of both
genders. Writing and phone calls can give you some inner intuition, but I
have  learned that face-to-face is never exactly what one expects. Still, it
is a good  ice-breaker to meet new people, get acquainted, and perchance, to
meet and find  another wonderful friend.

Through the internet I have friends worldwide, through Banyan Tree and
other writing and poetry sites. I have met a few, and liked them all, even
though some I would never have met and gotten to know "real time." A retired
professor in Cambridge England, an artist in Africa, a writer in Australia
who  came to visit me here last year, a Japanese businessman I helped with his
 English, and a whole group of bikers who travel around collecting teddy
bears  for children in hospitals, and who are all Viet Nam vets, and a lot of
other  strange and wonderful folks. All the bikers and their biker babes
came to visit,  by the way, and participate in a local parade. Twenty rough and
tough, hairy  people camping on my farm for the weekend. We had a rowdy and
marvelous time,  and I would never have gotten to know them in real life
without "talking" to  them first online.

So, don't be afraid of new experiences. I hope you find a wonderful
friend.  I hope you stay open to all the possibilities.

NancyLee