TheBanyanTree: When Things Come Back

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 16:48:24 PDT 2010

In a message dated 3/15/2010 2:27:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
monique.colver at gmail.com writes:

My  stepmother, bless her tiny little heart, would say, if she were  here,
"You're just lazy. You've always been lazy. Stop whining."  Fortunately she
is not here. Not that I would wish her dead if she were  here, but since she
is dead, I must take my consolation where I  can.

Monique,

Oh, hun, I am sorry this has gotten so bad.  But, know this;  You  have NOT
lost your sense of humor, or your wit in writing.  "F" is, indeed,  a
debilitating disease.  But, in the time I have known you, I know you are  one
stubborn gal, and will not let this keep you down.

A friend of mine who also suffers from this and I talk about our
"windowsill days."  Those horrid days when you feel as though you are  sitting on a
windowsill eight stories up, and it would only take a tiny little  push . . .
but . .we're still here.  I'm Scottish, and we're just too  damned mean to
let anything win.  I'm also Welsh, and we're clairvoyant,  and I can see me
in the future teaching my grandchildren to fly a kite.   And, we also look
well after our friends.

So, consider yourself hugged gently, and I'll read to you a little of
Sherlock Holmes or some such funny thing.