TheBanyanTree: Where there's a will

smack58 at nycap.rr.com smack58 at nycap.rr.com
Mon Mar 15 06:05:19 PDT 2010

It's so true.  I married a man I had known since I was 16. I married him at 22.  He was 6 years my senior, and we did not do well at marriage, to say the least.  Our initial break-up was very bitter.  After the first two years of haggling and the divorce was finally final, it was amazing how quickly we reverted to our original friendship and we were able to put our two daughters first.  We still are good friends, and when I travel to Baltimore to see my daughters (I live in the Berkshires), we love going out to dinner and drinks and sharing all our news.  Too bad about the marriage, but I love the friendship!!

Sharon

---- NancyIee at aol.com wrote:
I am sorry for your loss, for even the loss of an "ex" is something gone
from our lives. May only the good be remembered, the rest dumped in his
street.  The street name says everything.

I, too, have an "ex" and we are better friends than we ever were as
spouses. Neither of us has to fuss over the little stuff these days, so we can
enjoy each other's company and not waste time stressing over what we could not
 change, and no longer matters.

NancyLee