TheBanyanTree: snake story

paul paul at remsset.com
Sat Jun 5 16:29:48 PDT 2010

Good story, great pic.  I don't care for things that bite.  Poisonous
things that bite.... if they appear, I get rid of them.

One night a couple of Summers ago, I went out about dark to close the
chicken coop.  Got back to the patio and washed off my feet and
flip-flops w/ the garden hose.  Saw something move so I turned on the
porch light.  Gah!  A freakin' 3 feet long copper head.  I had a hoe
handy and pretty much chopped it enough in the middle section that it
wasn't going anywhere during the night.

Went out the next morning and as expected the snake was dead.  What I
didn't expect was that it had sank it's fangs into itself.

Pretty snake, but....

Tom Smith said the following on 6/5/2010 3:10 PM:
> Signs with a coiled snake in a triangle advised CAUTION at all
> park entrances.  I had walked the trails of this well-used
> urban natural openspace area hundreds of times without seeing a
> snake of any kind.

<snip>

--
    http://remsset.com

    Reality is what doesn't go away just because you don't believe in it.
						       - Jerry Pournelle