TheBanyanTree: Carrot Cake and Birthdays

nancyiee at aol.com nancyiee at aol.com
Sun Jan 10 17:41:21 PST 2010

Your posting was both reflective and sad. Sad, because I am now dealing
with a dear friend who has serious emotional issues. Not the same as your
Stew,  nothing being handled with meds or counseling. She is simply
unpredictable and  high maintenance, and just when I feel at wits end and ready to leave
the  friendship, she turns angelic and sucks me back in again.

I once went into therapy, and the therapist said, leave the relationship.
But, at that time, it was angelic, and I could not. Whereupon, the therapist
 told me, "I cannot help you as long as you refuse to leave." She called me
an  enabler. And, that was years ago, tantrums ago, episodes ago.

I think it will either make me incredibly strong, or a gibbering  idiot.