TheBanyanTree: Lost

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sat Jan 16 16:26:28 PST 2010

Don’t you hate losing things?

Now that I’m older, and when I lose something, I feel like I have early
onset Alzheimer’s.  I used to tell Ray all the time that he would have to
take care of me as I got older, because I can be so forgetful at times.

Ray rarely misplaced or lost anything.

Joe is worse than me.  I think we spent 90% of our time when we went to
Yellowstone last summer looking for his lost things.

Most of the time, I can keep track of my stuff.

But, today, I noticed my camera’s battery needed charging.  I keep the
charger in my desk.  Well, I went into the drawer to get it, and I couldn’t
find it.

So I looked in all the drawers.  The last time I had it was when we went up
to the North Shore in November.  I usually pack all my electrical things in
the same bag.  I checked the bag, but it wasn’t there.

I checked the drawers in the kitchen.  Not there.

I don’t remember even touching it since November and that’s been two months.

Then I get this tight feeling in my chest.  I’ll never be able to use my
camera again.

Then I think, well, I can order a new charger from Canon.  I’m sure I’m not
the only person to lose the charger.

Thankfully, Joe has the same camera and I charge my battery from his
charger, if he hasn’t lost it, too!

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net
margaret.kramer at polarispublications.com
www.polarispublications.com
www.linkedin.com/in/margaretkramer

Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a
friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire:  it is the time for home.
-Edith Sitwell