TheBanyanTree: well, then.

auntiesash auntiesash at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:53:05 PST 2010

I feel like, every time we move, I leave a little sacred place behind.

At the house on Tibbetts, we buried Woody the wonder cat.  Shamrock the
iguana is there too, deeeeep under the sunniest spot in the garden with a
stone overtop to protect his mini-dragon bones.

Reebok stayed out on the farm along with many, many baby bunnies (Sparki
should be named BunnyBane).

Even the rental house where we only lived a year has a bright yellow calla
lily topping off Yuki's final spot.  That kitty's passing was the end of an
era.  I love cats, but Ed and Ned are both allergic.  After Woodie and
Reebok, Yuki was the lone survivor from my single days.  I wouldn't get rid
of a family member just because ED showed up, but I know that I won't have
another kitten now.  I'm kinda fond of my boys and like them best when they
can breath.  When I'm 90 years old, Ed is gone, and Ned never visits me
anyway, I'll get a kitten.

At our current house, the daphne is just starting to bloom.  I planted that
2 years ago, on the anniversary of my mother's death.  The intense,
sweetness of that flower makes me thing of those who are gone and the
goodbyes yet to be.  It will be a while before the poppies start up.  They
are planted over Claudius and Germanicus and Dodger.... my little ferret
friends.  Sparki will be 10 in June and we plan to move in 3-4 years so,
unless Ed takes to burying his goldfish, I'm not planning on anymore special
plantings at this place.

You hear that, Universe??  No more goodbyes for now!

-sash

--
Wag more.
Bark less.